Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Small Steps and Giant Leaps...

There've been lots of changes on my side of the world and I've realised that I haven’t written much lately - in fact I've had one or two friends asking about whether I'm still blogging so here I am...

I'm still in Cape Town and as recently as 6 weeks ago I've had people come to me not believing or knowing that I am actually here and that I haven't left. Well, it seems I'm going to be around for the foreseeable future and I'm actually looking forward to the little steps I'm taking that could be the beginning of the run-up leading to bigger leaps...

I've started working for a local NGO on a part-time in an area that I'm definitely learning about, but I was fortunate enough to be given an opportunity to get involved in something worthwhile. While the organisation’s work focuses on youth, as well as their environment and the key role players in their lives I’m working away from the programme. I’m in the background, yet not because I’m focusing on getting the word out about the organisation. It’s an interesting challenge to come back to this familiar setting, Cape Town, and yet to be doing things that are in many ways foreign to me. In actual fact, apart from my family and the friends I’m still in touch with I can’t recognize any significant similarities between my life at the moment and the one I left behind around 3.5 years ago…

Well, I figure that’s how life should be. Moving on, learning, growing… without it we stagnate. I’ve also decided to enter academia once again. I’ve been trying to get my head around something I found last week in a related field to what I’m going to be studying and I have to be honest that I think it’s going to be a slow grind in the beginning, then again maybe not… nonetheless, I’m looking forward to seeing where these little steps are going to take me. And if the past few years are anything to go by I expect Yahweh to lead me to some giant leaps once again in the not-too-distant future…

No comments: